Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Keeping the Sabbath Holy

For those who know me, I'm pretty quiet. When I get tired or worn out, I get more quiet with a touch of melancholy. So basically I have trouble enjoying life, and my I focus too much on thinking about my problems instead of going about the solution. I think I caught myself yesterday slipping into that funk. Here are the things I was worried about:

-getting in touch with about 50 people for further support raising
-figuring out what I'm going to do with my life after North Africa
-wanting a girlfriend, who will eventually turn into a wife.
-needing to read more books because it's summer and I should use any free time more effectively to nourish my mind
-not being very happy


Anyhow, I was at my friend Ryan's house, and even though he's a great guy and his dog is fun to play with I was still pretty mopey (sorry Ryan). So this morning I decided to have the Sabbath I hadn't taken in over a week. A Sabbath is a day of rest and worship of God.

It's only 3 o'clock, and I'm already feeling like all those worries aren't so terrible. None of them really deserve to be worried about. I can't see how any of them fall out of God's authority, and so I should trust him with them. Especially when it comes to girlfriends, otherwise I start evaluating all the women I meet or know through the "potential wife" glasses. That's a terrible thing that I think robs a lot of us from relationships that could otherwise be joyful and without anxiety.

Cool, so I hope everyone gets a bit of refreshment ASAP.

PS here's a fun pic I took on Saturday



shout out to the MAC CRU DG, who feasted upon the flesh of numerous known and unknown animal species at Korean Grill House.

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Justin Alm said...

Dude, I'm totally in understanding of what you're saying here. Also, Korean grill is one of my faves. I've been craving kimchi for the past year. I found myself in a relationship funk this past weekend. No jokes. I was so bummed that I eventually just forced myself to get out with some friends. Honestly, I'm not sure what I'd do without God in my life.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger lowonthego said...

i really enjoyed this blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home