Saturday, June 17, 2006

back

That's me, hard at work in North Africa...
Anyhow, I'm not really planning on giving the lo-down now, but I will tell one story. Brad and I met a guy named 'Whiskers'. He pretty consistently wore the same two shirts, but everyone does over there so it didn't really phase me. What got me was his interest in philosophy. As we talked it was pretty apparent his interest wasn't just intellectual, this guy was searching for meaning. At points he said things like, "All I really want is someone to love me," or "I feel like my heart is a desert." It was incredible hearing him say this, especially in a country where Islam is supposed to provide that love and security. At one point, I shared my testimony of how I didn't really experience the love of God until I realized I was in need of forgiveness and personal change. I explained how my deepest needs are met by the only person alive who gives love without condition. Whiskers actaully got teary eyed at this point.
He didn't become a Christian, that's a big step for someone in that culture. I hope one day he will find what I've found in Christ, and I'll be praying for him as well.

Anyhow, that should hold ya'll over.

Have a good one.

8 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger lowonthego said...

hard at work. mmhmm.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Chris Hillcoat said...

Welcome back! Mission to Muslims... a hard calling if ever there was one. Good work.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Son of Man said...

I love you man

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Silas said...

i love you too!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Sid S. said...

i love you three!

way 2 make ur readers come back 4 more! :P

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Sid S. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger amac said...

spoken like a true English man Chris. Good luck in the cup

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger amac said...

sorry bout the shoot-out, they were a bunch of wimps

 

Post a Comment

<< Home