Monday, September 03, 2007

something's in the air

I leave tmrw for North Africa. It's a pretty crazy thinking that I'll be in a totally foreign country for a year. I've been going through periods of anxiety and anticipation. It's not a terrible experience, just different. One interesting thing is I've been doing some weird stuff. Yesterday I not only tested my vertical jump onto a window ledge, I also tried to remain on the narrow ledge. A lady from our church decided to stop by our house at that moment and saw me doing it. Earlier in the day I had stuck my cat on my shoulder and was walking around with him, like a parrot. My neighbor saw me doing that. It was good that people saw me, it helped me look at my actions a little more objectively and realize that I was acting kinda crazy.

One thing that is cool is everything that matters becomes a little more precious. I'm treating my family with super respect, and saying good-bye to friends I haven't spoken to in a while. That's been cool. Hopefully I can remember to try and value people this much more often.

That's it, just thought I'd let people know how all is going before I headed out. I think I will continue blogging throughout my North Africa experience.

2 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Perhaps you are Spiderman.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Chris Hillcoat said...

You'd better keep blogging. I miss you already man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home