Saturday, June 24, 2006

well i got a job as a caretaker at my church. actually i'm working right now.. pretty hard I might add.
Anyhow, spending the last couple days writing 'Thank You' cards has been good for me. The chance to reflect on what has been accomplished in me and through me and the team brought back good memories. So here's some of the things I'm pleased about.
  • gaining a sympathy for those who are growing up in rigid social systems. They not only conform your life, but the way you think. Most of the univesity students I met were had a lot of trouble stringing together a logical argument.
  • an appreciation of long-term work overseas, especially for families
  • 'je voudre avoir du pain, ce vous plais'
  • realizing I had been operating on an 'earn God's favour scale,' when I could've been operating on 'a God loves me whatever I do, so just do it scale.
  • my biggest one comes from Rev. 2:4-5, losing the love of the game. I'll blog more on this later.
Well, those are some biggies. Glad I blogged this. It's easy to drop a notch on spiritual side of things after a mission trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home