Sunday, November 18, 2007

Justified Sinner

This morning I put to use a Bible verse that I use once I begin to feel condemned. I like it because recognizes the darkness and guilt a person can go throw because of their sin, and provides a promise that the darkness will be lifted.

Micah 7:8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, Jehovah will be a light unto me.
Micah 7:9 I will bear the indignation of Jehovah, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.
Micah 7:10 Then mine enemy shall see it, and shame shall cover her who said unto me, Where is Jehovah thy God? Mine eyes shall see my desire upon her; now shall she be trodden down as the mire of the streets.
...

The promises of forgiveness and restoration are an ER unit to a guilty heart. So I'll say like the prophet, "Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth over the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in lovingkindness," (Micah 7:18 ).

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

wow...thanks for the walk through His steps.
why do we humans continue to screw up then live in fear?
There is hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home