Tuesday, April 29, 2008

a late post

just want to say sorry to anyone who may have visited my blog looking for a post, and finding jack. I've been slow on the upload. usually i go for once a month, but blogging loses it's luster when I'm busy and don't think i have much to say.


anyhow, so I have a verse pinned up on a light-switch in my bedroom. It says, "When I thought, 'My foot slips,' your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up." This verse has really been a blessing to me on days I recall it, but especially the past two days. Even though the verse is pinned up, I often don't "see" it. I just pass over it. I had actually forgotten where it was in the Bible. One recent morning it stood out to me, and I realized I had forgotten where it was found. I made an initial opening of my Bible to the Psalms to start searching for it, and boom, there it was. For the skeptics (me included), I opened the Book of Psalms in the general area I thought it might be in, so maybe I subconsciously knew where it was all the time. But still, I got the verse on the first opening, and that doesn't happen to me often.

So what am I saying? I'm not saying I believe God exists and loves me because He sovereignly dictated me to open the Bible there. I actually already believe He exists and loves me, whether or not I get to random verses I want to find. What made the event significant to me was that though I believe God loves me, I don't always experience it. Often I feel he's distant, like his love is an RRSP, it's real but it's pretty difficult to cash in on. I'm saying that God reminded me his love can be experienced daily. He may be the all-powerful sustainer of the universe, but He's willing to help me find a verse about his love for me. It's more than encouraging, it's strength to my heart and fuel for my desire to work hard for him.

So here the verse is again,

When I thought, "My foot slips,"
your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up.
Ps 94

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Well written!
I was at a study a few days ago, not sure why I was there, but we were studying Joshua and a verse kept coming to mind "for it is the LORD your God who has fought for you." though I could not recall ever meditating on this verse before.
It has been rough as of lates, but I'm continuously reminded of this verse. Not that our faith hinges upon God's ability to reveal himself in this way, but it is a true blessing when He does.

Joshua summoned all Israel, its elders and heads, its judges and officers, and said to them, "I am now old and well advanced in years. And you have seen all that the LORD your God has done to all these nations for your sake, for it is the LORD your God who has fought for you. Joshua 23:2-3

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Sid S. said...

when are you going to post again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home