Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Poolosophy

I do enjoy philosophy most of the time, but as i sit here in my "History of Philosophy" class, i have to say i'm slipping.
it's been 2 1/2 hours of hearing things i not only have no interest in, but have no idea what their saying.. here's one quote from the class.

"This ambiguous supersession of it ambiguous otherness is equally an ambiguous return in itself"
(upon which the guy behind me said, "Jesus Christ."

you get the picture... I fail to see any reason why any human being should think like this..

Anyhow, I want everyone to tell me what philosophy courses they've took, so I can remember happy thoughts of free will and determinism, ethical dilemmas, and logical theorems.

Have a good one

6 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Hmmm...I also enjoy philosophy but that sounds mind numbing. Just to cheer you up, I've taken "Critical Thinking" and "Moral Philosophy" and "Intellectual History of Europe" which was really a history class but we did a lot of philosophy in it :) Moral philosophy was the good one: Kant, JS Mill, etc etc...

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Silas said...

I've taken Philosophy of the Environment. It was fun, but the writing part wasn't amazing.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Sid S. said...

ur blogging while in klas?!?

wow!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Jonathan P said...

ROFLMAO

*gives jill the super high five, even though Jonathan doesn't know who jill is*

That takes the cake. Blogging while in class. But I don't think that's actually what you meant :P

I personally need to take some sort of philosophy logic class... i'm figuring that it'll help me in terms of my long terms goals of going to law school. Any suggestion of good profs that teach this class?

And also thus why 1 Corinthians is the man.

20Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger ChenAngel said...

Hmm, Survey of Philosophy 1 and 2, Intro to applied ethics, and now in ethics...have those warm happy thoughts now? :)

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger amac said...

cool guys, thanks for giving me a rundown.
ethics is pretty solid, not too hard to understand and can deal with case studies.

chinese philosophy sounds interesting. i took a class on daoism, but i'd rather hear bout the other philosophies.

study like the lapping water...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home