Tuesday, March 13, 2007

repairing a heart designed for joy

hello friends,

there's this family in my church. They've got 5 daughters, and 1 boy... they pretty much make up our children's group. the boy is great, he's sporty, looks up to the big kids, acts tough, and looks after his sisters. he's pretty fashionable, i think his mom dresses him. best of all, the kid can pray. he's a got a sister around the same age, she p'wns the other 4 daughters, keeping them in check. the 4 youngest, well they're a riot. i've always been a little intimidated by them, cause two of them are twins, and they keep running arounding confusing me. The other can hold her own, and sings a lot. The youngest must be like 2, and she keeps smiling and chasing after the others. Her face is usually either beaming, showing all teeth, or scrunched up in extreme pain. she hasn't really captured the art of straddling the emotional spectrum, but she'll probly grow out of it when she learns how to talk.

last sunday, i had the priviledge of utilizing a walker (those things for seniors) to drive around the 3 middle girls. It was really awkward and fun. it was awkward cause i don't really do stuff like that. i'm pretty functional, i'm good at accomplishing goals. it was fun cause... well fun is what happens when little kids are pushed around in a senior's walker.

i don't have a really clear idea why encouraging those little girls to disrespect specialized vehicles for the elderly is so beneficial to my spiritual life and my joy. I don't really want to give out the theology, or analyze the experience. I'd rather savour it for now. so i'll just leave it at this.

P.S.
shout out to Margaret, the only person from ACI i know reads my blog periodically! She's great.

5 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger Chris Hillcoat said...

Sweet. I'm driving a minibus with 15 students in, 200 miles to a conference over Easter. I've never driven anything bigger than your Dad's car before. Woo!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger amac said...

oh yeh, i did let you drive that car didn't I.. too bad you didn't get to drive my mom's.

and ryan, my kids are gonna experience andrew in all his glory.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Marg said...

Haha, thanks Andrew. It took me a moment to figure out you meant me! Awww!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Ryan Lawrence said...

pure awesomeness man. straight up.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Sid S. said...

i was there!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home