Tuesday, February 27, 2007

North Africa


I got an email yesterday telling me a Canadian team for North Africa STINT was a go next year. That means I and three other lovely girls are going to serve as missionaries in a beautiful country for about 10 months.

I am pretty mixed emotionally. I'm excited and honored like you wouldn't believe. To go to a country where most don't know who Jesus Christ is and be an ambassador for Him is amazing.
On the other hand I'm scared. Two things scare me. What if God shuts the door? and what if I can't handle it emotionally.

Today two guys (Eric and Ben from Western) came to York to interview some students, and they asked me about going to NA. As I talked, I started remembering why I wanted to go in the first place. I want to see lives changed, I want to see the world changed. I can get pretty abstract and distant from daily life sometimes. Not just in my ideas, but my emotions as well. (Many of you have suffered through a silent hang out time with Andrew.) But for me, it still comes down to the glory of God revealed through changed life. It breathes life into me, it breathes life into the world. That's essentially why I'm going to North Africa.

Anyhow, I'm excited and so you ought to congratulate me when you see me.

8 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Andrew

I appreciate your heart. God bless.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger It's My DLu! said...

i love that closing line, haha. it made me laugh.

as i will most likely not be seeing you anytime soon, i will congratulate you on here.

"congratulations."

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Chris Hillcoat said...

Well I'll probably see you in North Africa then! Congrats.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Silas said...

yo that's sweet! congrats i will continue to pray for another guy to join you, however.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Sid S. said...

CONGRATZ!!!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
I'm reminded of an earlier comment that I made. "Why North Africa?"
Why not!
Is not the gospel for all nations and we surely are called to GO.
Ya, we experience cold hard hearts and such opposition that bring us to question why, why God are you closing this door? But then I'm quickly reminded that there is NO greater joy than serving and sacrificing our comforts for the all powerful king, our heavenly father.
God bless bro and I too will be praying for another man. All girls can be a distraction though I doubt you would fall into that trap.
BTWN I will regurgitate this when I do see you and surrender the comforts of this forum

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Jill said...

hey andrew -- i ditto Silas and i congratulate you on being a part of the first cdn. stint team in NA! pretty exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home