Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Andrew's on facebook

I joined facebook last night, and officially exited the Anti-facebook alliance (my role was to insert the word "crap" for either the "face" or "book" syllable).

There were a lot of different factors. Friends kept on pressuring me, but for a while that only deepened my conviction that crapbook was a waste time. "But it's good for ministry!" I kept on hearing. Indeed, but so are lots of other things. "It's a good way to keep in contact with your old friends." Life goes on, friends fall out of the loop, I don't need to change that process.

It might have been the night I slept in the same bed as Ethan Park that I started to really consider why I didn't like it so much. People were telling me I needed to do it. That itched me. Anyhow, somehow that night with Ethan started to scratch it. I trust Ethan Park enough to take his advice, even though he creeps over at night.

So yeah, I can't really articulate why I'm joining facebook. I have good reasons either way, I'm just kinda trusting good friends that this isn't going to burn my time or identity.

(that's Ethan doing the lawn...)

14 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Sid S. said...

and the AFA is slowly but surely crumbling...

FACEBOOK UNITED WINS! bwahahhaa

p.s. are u the one who doesn't have a pic? add meeh on facebook...

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Sid S. said...

never mind.. i found u...

now go add meeh! :D

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Son of Man said...

Life goes on; friends fall out of the loop; I don't need to change that process. That part was great, except for the comma splices.

ps. I want Ethan Park to scratch my itches.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger amac said...

yo Josh, semi-colons are for fence-sitters.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger amac said...

yeah, i think i had a little bit of virgina woolfe styles in there. listening to enigma right now russell.

oh and glad to see you on line

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger selly belly said...

I thought, "Life goes on; friends fall out of the loop; I don't need to change that process." was GOLDEN!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger ChenAngel said...

haha andrew i hear ya...i got suckered in to facebook when people interested in the MDA said they'd advertise on it so i thought...might as well get it!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Jonathan P said...

Anti-facebook alliance... lol I didn't even know this existed...

Is calling it crapbook or facecrap a necessity for membership? Because I do neither, but I refuse to partake in order to avoid yet another thing that would take over my time/life.

Last year it was DOTA and WoW... this year it has ALMOST become blogging (except for a forestall by a friend via email)... next year better not be facebook *glares at the facebookers*

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger lowonthego said...

amac,

as my english 10 IB teacher (who was my most brilliant and fantastic teacher thus far) used to say, "semi-colons are for brilliant people who know how to use them."

alas, it is often shameful. i use them when i shouldn't, and don't use them when i should.


johnathan park: i don't think you should get facebook buddy. hahaha, procrastistalking is enough of a habit to kick. lol.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Chris Hillcoat said...

Lydia, you just missed a golden opportunity for some semicolon action! At least, I think so...

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger lowonthego said...

hahha see? proof in point.


i never use them when i should!

dah.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger amac said...

im so struggles with facebook. and semi-colons..

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Jonathan P said...

Indeed... procrastistalking is indeed a pretty addicting form of behaviour.

Btw, unless he/she is from Edmonton, you'll have to introduce me to "anonymous/fan of anonymity." The man/woman is GENIUS for thinking up of that word.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Matt Hughes said...

You should join the York network. Then you can be a part of the York C4C group!! I'll make you an officer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home