Tuesday, October 31, 2006

let the good times roll

I had a really great Sunday-Monday combo. Sunday morning, I was immensely blessed at Josh Rob's church. They had a big free lunch which was amazing, especially when ur used to rez food. But the whittles came second to the messaage. The message was a Selah message (ask Josh) on Romans 12. He centered eveything; the condition of human kind, salvation, sanctification, mortification of sin in the believer, and God's value for us; on the cross. For someone who judges themself a lot, and rarely lives up to the standard, it was a welcome message.

Then I had an exam, which was good because it was open book and I got the text from the library just before this other dude. Then I had to stay up to 3am to write an essay. usually I abide by the Sabbath, but Mark 6 gave my conscience a rest.

And Monday, oh wait till I tell you about Monday. I got a call from my big bro (back in the 80' all the girls grabbed his hand and couldn't let go), letting me know he could score tickets to the Leafs game! I had never been, so I was pretty excited. I met my dad at the ACC and we looked at the tickets. Plantinum level... sweet! Walk in, the dude tells us to go to the front! I could touch the glass! I don't think I've ever been so close to crying out of happiness for a non-spitiual event.

To top it all off, I spent some quality time with my father (I was holding his hand in the 80's) and he brought me lots of food for rez.

I think God really gave me a great gift this weekend.

7 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Silas said...

aw man, sweet, holding of hands.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Jonathan P said...

Leafs game..... so jealous...

Good times man... good times

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Ben said...

AMac, good post. made me laugh. and leafs rule.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger lowonthego said...

haha this was a great post, it made me laugh too.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger ChenAngel said...

that sounds like an amazing weekend! Go Leafs Go!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Terra said...

aww. so sweet.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Sid S. said...

i lykd this post too.

too bad i missed u on our thurs. talk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home