Saturday, October 14, 2006

What would it be like?

Tonigth Matts Sundin scored his 500th goal (which is a big deal in hockey). Not only did he score it, but he scored it in overtime (winning the game). On top of that, he scored AGAINST the power play(shorthand), and it was a hat trick.
Can you imagine? A goal meeting any one of those obstacles is noteworthy, but all of them. What a beautiful moment. So Sundin was pretty happy ecstatic (in his own way, I think he's a little introverted).

Anyhow, I think this is a good time to let everyone know that I dream pretty much every day of making some great sports or even military achievement. It's pretty crazy. Like catching some long pass in football, or saving some poor sap on the battlefield. I do it in class, as I walk, during devotions... So yeah, I'm not gonna analyze anything or get philosophical. I just like picturing myself beating other people in some competitive venture and getting the glory for it. Sundin must be living it up right now, tmrw he'll wake up with a real good feeling, then probly go to practice.

Lates

7 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Son of Man said...

pwning does feel good...

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Silas said...

pure pwnage is always a good feeling.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Terra said...

thanks for the insights in to your head couz.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Chris Hillcoat said...

Weird. I always dream about saving people from improbably fatal situations - and getting the glory, of course.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger lowonthego said...

i love how two people used the word pwn'd in a row.

truth be told, i think i would love to make some crazy sports achievement. i feel as though its still possible. the best rowers in the world didn't start rowing until they were in their mid-twenties.

my ego would probably be super swollen though. so its most likely a good thing that though i'm a good rower, i can't even hold a football. keeps the pride down a bit.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger amac said...

cool, glad other ppl are equally desiring of praise.
Today i went rock climbing, and only missed up on a 5.9 once.. sweeet

the pics on JR's facebook of lydia holding a football are great. she may as well be holding dead, smelly martian.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Sid S. said...

my idea of glory is being stoned (like Stephen stoned not bury me in the desert then stone me kind of stoned) to death as a martyr.

does that make me weird?

if not that, then i would like to be the dictator of the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home