Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thanksgiving

Holy Lord, I have sinned times without number, and been guilty of pride and unbelief, of failure to find Thy mind in Thy Word, of neglect to seek Thee in my daily life. My transgressions and short-comings present me with a list of accusations, but I bless Thee that they will not stand against me, for all have been laid on Christ. Go on to subdue my corruptions, and grant me grace to live above them. Let not the passions of the flesh nor lustings of the mind bring my spirit into subjection, but do Thou rule over me in liberty and power.

God brought me back to the gospel the other day. It should really be every day. I'm thankful for many things, and I'll list some of them later this weekend, but LORD am I thankful that at 18 years old God grabbed hold of me. I love Jesus. He's changed my life, and me.
And in the beauty of it all I consistently slip and lay in discouragement, disobedience (especially in the areas of evangelism and prayer) and the easy-come-easy-go comforts of an undisciplined spiritual life.
Rom 6:4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

(thanks for reading this and participating in my gospel, you guys rock)

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Sid S. said...

is that an original prayer or was it taken from another author? coz itz beautiful (slightly biassed by my kjv leanings...)

i'm "stealing" it. jus 2 let u kno....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home